Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome To My Blog

Hello and welcome to my first blog....Gator World Explorer!

I love to travel and I am especially fond of road trips. In 28 years, I have traveled to several states and our nation’s capital, visited various cities and towns in my home state of Florida, and been to three countries (Canada, Bahamas, Ecuador). In less than a month, I’ll be setting out on my biggest adventure yet, a weeklong trip to Egypt!!!

The following is a list of my past trips. In the months to come, I’ll be sharing stories of both my past vacations and my journey to Egypt!

New York City (2009): A weeklong mother-daughter trip to the Big Apple!
West Coast (2008): Spent two weeks with my parents visiting Canada (Vancouver), Washington (Seattle, Snoqualmie Falls, Mt. Rainier National Park, Mt. Saint Helens), Oregon (Portland, Colombia River Gorge, Multnomah Falls, Gold Beach), and California (San Francisco, Napa, Muir Woods, Yosemite National Park, Pebble Beach)
Spring Break (2006): Enjoyed  a week in North Carolina (Durham, Raleigh, Wilmington, Cape Fear Coast).
Atlanta (2004/2005): Short two day trip to Atlanta to see the Florida Gators play in the Peach Bowl (now the Chik-Fil-A Bowl) and to ring in the new year! 
Family Trip (2004): Fun filled two week trip with the whole family! We visited North Carolina (Kitty Hawk, Blue Ridge Parkway), Virginia (Virginia Beach, Monticello (Home of President Thomas Jefferson)), and Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Valley Forge, Hershey, Lancaster, Harrisburg).
New England & New York (2000): Another fun filled trip with the whole family covering 7 states! This journey took us to Massachusetts (Boston, Salem, Plymouth, Cape Cod, Lexington & Concord), Maine (Portland, Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park), New Hampshire (White Mountain National Forest, Franconia Notch State Park), Vermont (Waterbury, Cabot), New York (Niagara Falls, Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame)), Connecticut (Hartford), and Rhode Island (New Port).
Cruise to the Bahamas (2000): Took a weekend cruise to the Bahamas with my grandmother, aunt, uncle, and cousins.
Mission to Ecuador (1999): Spent two weeks in the small town of Mindo as part of a mission trip my high school organized.
Christmas in the Mountains (1998):  Enjoyed Christmas in North Carolina (Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway) and Tennessee (Gatlinburg, Great Smoky Mountains National Park) with my family!
New Years with the Mouse (1997/1998): Fun filled week ringing in the new year at Walt Disney World with my family.
Summer in the Keys (1997): Family trip to Key West and Key Largo.
Summer in the Mountains (1996): First trip to the mountains visiting North Carolina (Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Nantahala (whitewater rafting)), Tennessee (Great Smoky Mountains National Park, The Hermitage (Home of President Andrew Jackson), Chattanooga, Ruby Falls) and Kentucky (Mammoth Cave National Park).
Nation’s Capital (1995): Family trip to Washington DC and Virginia (Colonial Williamsburg, Alexandria, Arlington Cemetery, Mt. Vernon Estate and Gardens (Home of President George Washington)).
Cruise to the Bahamas (1992): First family cruise which was a weekend to the Bahamas.
Trip Around Florida (1989): Family road trip around Florida visiting Cape Canaveral (Kennedy Space Center), St. Augustine, Gainesville, Tampa, Sarasota, and Naples.


I also visited Savannah, Georgia but I can't recall if that was the summer of '95 or '96! 

When I was younger my family also took summer trips to Marco Island and a trip or two to Disney World. 


Stay tuned for tons of travel stories including my tales of adventure from Egypt! 




No comments:

Post a Comment